Pests are incredibly hazardous, and you don’t need anyone to tell you that. These tiny creatures can invade your lives like nothing else. They can destroy your doors, kitchens, and the sanitation at your home or office space.
So, what to do about them?
Well, first check out the types of pests to watch out for.
Types Of Pests
Here’s a list of some common household pests that can infect your house/space.
- Bedbugs: Heard “don’t let the bedbugs bite”? It’s not just a phrase; these unnoticeable creatures exist. They are relatively small and flat; you can’t see them with the naked eye. And they feed on blood, just like the mosquitoes but worse. They’d feed when you’re asleep. So, it’s vital to get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Cockroaches: The most common pests, Cockroaches, usually occupy crowded places. They might not look dangerous, but they can pick diseases and spread them on to your utensils. Therefore, it becomes essential to save your household from cockroach infestations.
- Rodents: The creepiest of species, rodents such as rats and mice are hard to keep at bay. They can cause damage to a lot of things at your home, from an electric cable to a piece of furniture. Plus, they already carry several health risks in the form of parasites like salmonella.
- Ants and Moles: These pests can injure your gardens in a blink of an eye. However, with ants, you can be worry-free because getting rid of them is easy. With moles, you have to be careful. They can infect your plants, and you’d need pest control to get rid of them.
How To Get Rid Of Them?
Getting rid of pests isn’t a cakewalk. You might not accept it at first, but you do need professional pest control to get rid of most of these pests.
Professional pest controllers often have powerful chemicals that are not hazardous to your plants or other material at home. At the same time, these chemicals are extremely effective on pests.
Irrespective of the weather, pests can infest your household anytime. And DIY solutions work only on little pests like ants. They are not entirely effective on moles or rodents. And the worst nuisance is bedbugs. You can’t possibly see them, or get rid of them on your own.
Though there are some preventions that you can take:
- Keep sanitization at home
- Hire a professional exterminator for bed bugs such as Empire Pest Control
- Take care of the garden and the yard
- Store woodpiles 25 ft away from your house
- Quickly replace broken windows and doors
How Much Does Pest Control Cost?
Pest control by professionals like https://www.empirepestcontrol.co.uk/ at regular intervals is vital, especially if you have a crowded home. Getting professional pest control at home or garden ensures that you don’t have to worry for a minimum of 5 months.
But how much does it cost? The costs usually differ according to the size of your house.
Here’s a list of different pest control services and their expected costs in the UK:
- Cockroaches and Spiders: Above £120 for a one-bedroom house, above £140 for a two-bedroom house, and above £160 for a three-bedroom house.
- Rodents: Above £100 for a one-bedroom house, above £120 for a two-bedroom house, and above £140 for a three-bedroom house.
- Fleas and Flies: Above £80 for a one-bedroom house, above £100 for a two-bedroom house, and above £120 for a three-bedroom house.
- Woodworms: Above £150 for a one-bedroom house, above £200 for a two-bedroom house, and above £280 for a three-bedroom house.
The costs for all other pests also range from £100 to £350.