An illegal immigrant sex attacker who claimed he lost control when he stalked and attacked eight lone women at night could have sexually assaulted more.

Mehdi Medan targeted another four women but the charges of sexual assault and indecent exposure were dropped before trial due to a lack of evidence.

But Scotland Yard fear the Algerian would have carried on his predatory attacks had he not been stopped.

He was arrested in the same area of Clapham where all the attacks took place.

Outside court Detective inspector Kieth Braithwaite said: “Clearly this man is danger to the public and the sentence reflects how seriously the Metropolitan Police and the judiciary take such matters.

“Over a period of 10 days he caused fear within the community by his horrific and callous crimes.

“He was interviewed in two occasions and didn’t say anything to police in both those interviews.

“He travelled most days from north to south London from one location to the next, but we don’t know why because he would not tell us.

“Theres nothing to suggest any previous occurrences but there were potentially another four victims as before trial two counts of incidence exposure and two other sexual assaults were discontinued by the CPS due to a lack of CCTV and DNA evidence.

“Offences of this nature are relatively rare, especially in such a short period of time.

“When offences do happen we will use all available resources to apprehend and bring to justice such offenders.

“I would like to reassure the public London is safe city. I would encourage any person who has been a victim of sexual offence to come forward.

“The allegations will be treated seriously and fully investigated.”

The 28-year-old was caught when CCTV was released which led to his identification by a member of the public.

DI Braithwaite, senior investigating officer, said: “An appeal was launched with CCTV and on one occasion in October a member of the public who had had seen the footage believed he’d recognised the suspect.

“He followed him for a short distance and called the local police and uniformed officers arrested him in the street.

“We would like to thank that member of the public for their diligence. He was stopped in Brixton Hill area so could very well be in the process of following another woman.”

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


    Register | Lost your password?