woman choke sainsburys pizza

    WOMAN NEARLY CHOKES ON INCH LONG CHICKEN BONE IN SAINSBURY’S PIZZA

    A woman claims was left shaken after she choked on an inch-long chicken BONE she found in a pizza.

    Claire Deane, 32, has complained to Sainsbury’s after she found the sharp bone in her first bite of the store-made BBQ chicken pizza.

    The shopper from Stroud, Glos., said she was forced to put her fingers down her throat to pull out the fragment after she started to choke.

    She claims she went to the shop in Dudbridge, Stroud, to ask if a public safety notice would be issued – but her request was declined.

    Worried Claire said: “We cooked the pizza as instructed to do so on the packaging.

    “As I took my first bite I chewed and felt something get stuck in my throat.

    “I started to choke so I cleared the food from my mouth and had to ram my fingers down my throat and also on the outside of my throat under my chin.

    “I pushed up into my throat on the outside and was able to grab the piece with my fingers.

    “As I looked at the object it was clear it was a bone which was about an inch in size and not a small piece.

    “My husband held me tight as I was shaking and crying and was so scared after the ordeal. I have a very sore throat and could taste blood whilst choking.

    “This could happen again and that person might not be as lucky as me.”

    A spokesman from Sainsbury’s said: “We are sorry for any distress caused.

    “When the customer returns the object to us we will be able to carry out a full investigation.”

      Tags:

      • Show Comments (0)

      Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

      comment *

      • name *

      • email *

      • website *

      This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

      Ads

      You May Also Like

      ‘Man flu’ more than a myth?

      ·       Men spend 19% more than women on cold and flu remedies ·       Men’s average order is £5.14 compared with £4.31 for ...

      Vodka bet ends in man’s death

      A MAN died after downing a bottle of vodka in a GBP200 bet with ...

      Login